Monday, 12 April 2010

Apologies In Advance

In a shameless plug I am requesting readers of this blog to do me a huge favour.

Being the useless and ill-prepared student that I am I suddenly realised you need research to write a dissertation. Mine is, as you would probably expect, about football. More specifically about football replacing religion in society. If you could fill in this 60 second survey I would forever be indebted to you and will instantly return to writing about Newcastle United. You know, after the dissertation anyways.

Thanks to everyone that has the heart to click on the link below.
I love you.

Football and Religion - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SDSHLC6

7 comments:

  1. Done one for you mate....I was bored at work!

    I ranted a little but hope it helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have a look in a bit if I remember. Thought I'd give you a heads up on a valuable resource. Don't know if you've read it, but there's an amazing book called The Ball Is Round that might well write half of your disertation for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you. Cheers on the heads up 'anonymous', if that is your real name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did your survey for you dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting subject, one I've thought about many times, so was happy to help out here. On question 8, I tried to input my own option (Newspaper Editors) but the survey seemed to insist I picked one of the pre-selected options. Just thought I'd let you know.

    Anyways, best of luck with your studies, make the most of it. One of these days you might have to get a proper job and it's nowhere near as much fun as buggering about thinking about football all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. always happy to help! good luck with the dissertation and remember: football puns and metaphores aren't as funny as you think when you say them in front of an evaluation board :) cheers, Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  7. David, that sounds like an excellent dissertaion an very interesting. You may want to focus your research on deaths which occur during national and international tournaments. Violence between rival fans of Premiership clubs has caused violence abroad and could be looked at in the context of spreaing the word as the 'modern day missionary'?

    I would still suggest that football is a kinder 'religion' - it has not as yet, I would suggest again, caused border disputes. But you are debating a highly sensitive area. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete